The Southeastern Housing Cup with Rec Sports & Wellness was developed to crown the best residence hall on Southeastern’s Campus! We also want to promote fun, competitive, and recreational incentives for Housing residents to be engaged on-campus. Points are awarded to each residence hall for participation and success in designated Intramural Sports, and participation in other designated campus events.
Intramural Sports Participation
- All participating halls must comply with eligibility requirements in order to be eligible to participate in the point system (see IM Sports Handbook). All team members must comply with participant eligibility requirements in order for a participating team to be eligible to earn points. Additionally, all members of a Residence Hall team must be a student living in a residence hall.
- Points will be accumulated during the August to April school year. Total points will be calculated by the Intramural Sports Program Director at the conclusion of the spring semester. Residence Halls can register separate teams in the Independent Divisions (competitive or recreational) for additional participation points.
- Major Event = Flag Football, Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball
1st place-100 pts, 2nd place-90 pts, 3rd place-80 pts, 4th place-70 pts, 5th place-60 pts
6th place-50 pts, 7th place-40 pts, 8th place-30 pts, 9th place-20 pts, 10th place-10 pts
- Mid-Major Event = Soccer, Kickball, Dodgeball, 3v3 Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, Swamp Bowl
1st place-40 pts, 2nd place-36 pts, 3rd place-32 pts, 4th place-28 pts, 5th place-24 pts
6th place-20 pts, 7th place-16 pts, 8th place-12 pts, 9th place-8 pts, 10th place-4 pts
- Minor Event = Racquetball, Tennis, Cornhole Tournament, Trashketball, Battleship
1st place-20 pts, 2nd place-18 pts, 3rd place-16 pts, 4th place-14 pts, 5th place-12 pts
6th place-10 pts, 7th place-8 pts, 8th place-6 pts, 9th place-4 pts, 10 place-2 pts
- +30 points for no ejections
- -10 points for ejections
- +50 points for registering a team for Major specified sport
- +25 points for registering for a Mid-Major sport
- +25 Points for registering for a Minor Sports with 3 or more players from 1 organization
- +30 points for no forfeits
- -20 points for the first forfeit
- -30 points for the second forfeit
Note: for points to be credited to a Housing team the University team name must be the name of the specific Residence Hall. If a Housing team has more than one team they must differentiate teams by adding a number to the end of their team name (Taylor (1), Taylor (2), etc.)
- If a team places multiple times, the team will only be rewarded the highest finisher-the remainder points will be lost and not awarded to the next individual.
- To receive points for Minor events, there must be at least 3 people from your organization participating.
**** Please Note: Men & Women, if you are outside of the Top 10 in any minor event, there will be no points awarded. ****